Sunday, April 25, 2010

If you haven't yet...

Create a Google account. I felt with how huge Google has become, having an account with them was pretty important. I put it off because I couldn't have the name "Mousethecat", but I finally got past that and now feel like I've planted my flag on the internet.

Google is a monster of a company, and I feel that they are the ones that are going to be responsible for connecting everything in the internet to each other. We're already seeing it with facebook. You can log-in to many websites simply by connecting your facebook account to that websites account. It's a very useful addition that significantly simplifies the process of participating in several online communities by allowing a person to use just one identity for all of them.

One day, you'll be able to look at your phone and have a button to check recent facebook updates, twitter posts, see what's up with your friends on xBox live and PSN, Program your DVR, see if your ebay auctions sold, see if you were outbid on an epic item in World of Warcraft, check your grades, play a game of Tetris with someone across the hallway, and do just about anything else you could possibly think of.

Oh wait...



Technology is an amazing thing. And I really want a smartphone.

1 comment: